Wednesday 7 September 2016

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #294


It's Wednesday, so it's time for a new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Our theme is the wonderfully open "Anything Goes" and we have a fab sponsor Bugaboo stamps.
I chose to work with their fab flower jar image this week. I think the flowers would work in any colour but I chose to colour them in the style of sunflowers. Yellow and orange are colours I usually avoid, but I'm challenging myself to use them more at the moment. Having coloured the image with my copics I then decided to write on the blank label. I did consider adding something like with love, but decided to make it look like a reused jam jar. The fact that there was a stray hair on my pen, only added to the shabby look (it's obvious in reality!).
As I'd printed the image quite large I used an A5 scalloped cream card blank and used a large tonic oval die set to cut the image and the decorative frame out of orange. I decided to emboss the cream background and tapped the card into the folder with low tack tape, of course I then ripped the surface of the card when I tried to remove it, hence I used the debossed side! I had a few gold mirri and gem butterflies left over from making a card a while ago and so I decided to add a couple to finish off.
Looking forward to seeing all your entries this week, remember it's anything goes and there's a great prize on offer!

7 comments:

  1. I do like your plum jam flower arrangement. Love the colours and that rather super oval die cut. Just treated my self to one(not this one) which came in the post today so looking forward to having a play with it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling card Cara!
    I do like Bugabo images and this one is a cutie for sure.

    Thanks for the visit and the comment on my MM painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cara! Love your colours and that frame is sooo pretty!
    PS I use a plastic holder for my calendars - we usually get some freebies to work from various companies and I nick a couple ;) If I remember I'll post a pic next time I'm adding a calendar page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara trying to catch up with my commenting after my holiday.
    Have been scrolling through you previous few posts and loveing your pretty cards, this one has such lovely colours, and I love the image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card, love the yellow and orange and the great image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you have used in this pretty card. It has a lovely summery feel about it, and sunflowers always look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I like the bright blooms here, and the scalloped edge look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x