Friday 23 September 2016

Oldie Friday


Friday night and I'm looking for the matchsticks to prop my eyes open to watch the start of Strictly tonight. Plan B is that it's set up on series record. This may also be necessary as Hubby should have landed in England after his trip to the World Goldpanning Championships in California (don't ask, I think he did rubbish this year and got knocked out in the quarter finals), so I'm waiting to hear when they want picking up from the train station. I can enjoy a lie in tomorrow, Mum's coming round about 10, so I think I can get away with crawling out of bed about 9.30! Still got too much to do, but a good rest first will help. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
If you survived at that waffle, you'll have guessed that as it's Friday it's time to link up with the lovely Erika to share a crafting oldie. This crafting oldie was made as a thank you for one of our wedding presents, so that dates it towards the end of 2012. I know I used spellbinders cherry blossom die set and I can't remember the birdcage, possibly die-versions, it had several birdcages, swings and birds in a solid rectangle die anyway. I used the sentiment stamp that was from the Clarity Stamp club one month, but masked off the wavy line at either side. I think I filled the centre of the flowers with cosmic shimmer coloured PVA.
As you can see, I also used this design for a birthday card. Hope you enjoy strictly and have a restful night's sleep x

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Cara, hope you can stay awake long enough to collect your hubby too! Enjoy SCD!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara what a super oldie I love your blossom and your wee birdie in it's golden cage.
    I'm sat waiting with my cup of tea and my feet up for Strictly too.
    Then it's off to bed with me as in work tomorrow morning. Yippee.
    I hope you manage to get your lie in.
    Many thanks for joining me today in sharing an oldie.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty oldie Cara. The little cage is so pretty. Looking forward to Strictly too. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty card Cara, lovely dies and design, great oldie, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous oldie Cara....sweet little birdcage die.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it's 11pm-ish in your land, hope that you got to watch Strictly and get some rest. My Dad is in the air right now heading to me - super dooper exciting.. I love these oldies, that blossom die is superb. You have such patience with these kinds of dies..I am WAY too lazy LOL. Have a great weekend, try and catch a breath. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card, Cara. I love all the blossom.
    Enjoy your lie-in tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara,
    what a very pretty, and lovely design Oldie.
    Love the colours and all those very cute blossoms.
    I do hope you got a good nights rest, and had your lie in.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x