Wednesday, 22 July 2015


I'm joining Julia again this week for what's on you workdesk Wednesday. As you can see the usual level of mess has returned! I've been playing with the Hunkydory Fun in the Sun kit that I won at the Bolton craft festival. I've mad two cards from the one set of decoupage, although I need to add some foliage to the flowers on one, actually I got a bit carried away with the flowers but hey ho.
Hope you all have a creative Wednesday, at least the rain means I have an excuse to stay indoors and craft.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Blooming Marvellous

You may remember that I posted my desk a few weeks ago which included some flowers stamped and heat embossed in white from the Chloe stamps I brought at the Bolton craft fair and was colouring with my spectrum noir pencils. I had fun playing with the pencils, not sure if I have the technique correct, but I used blending solution to even out the pencil lines.
I used them to make a card for a swop on a forum with the theme of "blooming marvellous". I used a craft stepper card blank from craftwork cards and used white card and craft card to mat and layer up the panels. The sentiment is from tonic and I layered it up a couple of times to give it some definition. The leaves were made with a Sue Wilson die and I tucked them behind the flowers to fill in the gaps. I added some sparklers from eBay to each of the flowers for a bit of bling.
I was really pleased with the finished card and didn't want to part with it! Apart from the time involved in colouring and had cutting the flowers (I snipped down between the petals so I could curl them more to add dimension), the card was relatively cheap to make as the sparklers were inexpensive on eBay. The biggest problem was that with the overhanging leaves it wouldn't fit in an envelope so I had to make one....

Sunday, 19 July 2015


Whoops! Didn't realise it had been so long since my last post. Life has got in the way of crafting recently. My 8 year old bunny Bramble had to have her teeth done under a general anaesthetic as they were starting to grow into her tounge. She refused to eat after the surgery so we had to syringe feed her until she decided to eat again. I also had some more radio frequency nerve lesioning done in the hope that it will help reduce the chronic pain I have in my neck affecting my shoulders, arms and upper back.
Anyway, enough whittering and onto the card. I wanted a quick card to send to a friends who is having a rough time at the moment. The image is lili of the valley and I had stamped, die cut it and coloured it with copics ready to craft with some time ago. I used a decorative label die to frame the image and the same yellow to build up the layers of the card and die cut the hugs sentiment and layered it up 3 times to make it pop. I used a soft green card for the background to complement the yellow which I chose to highlight the sunflower. The ribbon was left over from the ribbons I bought to make my wedding bouquet with. I put a length of ribbon round the front of the card and stuck it down with some red liner tape inside the card. A simple white paper insert covered this up. The ribbon is wired and so I could pinch it in slightly where I attached the bow (made with a bow maker) with glue gel. I tried to keep the card reasonably flat so it would post easily, I hope it cheered my friend up a little.