Tuesday 24 October 2017

Indigoblu Retreat - Day One

I spent the weekend in Retford at the Indigoblu Secret Retreat. I had a brilliantl time, lots of hugs, laughter and crafting. Kay is lovely and gives amazing hugs and she was helped out by Lou (who demos ecoline on Hochanda) who is mad as a hatter! Alex who is a presenter on Hochanda was also on the retreat, complete with a candy skull apron. What you see on screen is exactly what you see in real life, she's great, but we won't mention how she spilt an entire bottle of paint in her lap...
You can see the project we made on the first day above. We used a stencil to ensure that we all had a reasonably shaped face with all the features in the right place and then Kay took us through the painting step by step.
Of course I had to do a little shopping whilst I was there, especially when they were generous enough to give us a 20% discount. They allowed us to rummage through the unpackaged stencils to find the ones we wanted and Alfie gave a demonstration of how they make the stamps whilst making some that were out of stock for people. Hubby very kindly gave me birthday money early and so I spent the lot!
I bought a load of paints (the top eight are the ones we used to paint the face (not including the hair and background) and some slap it on which we mixed with the paints to extend their working time and make more of a glaze.
Of course I had to buy some stencils, including the one I used on my project.
I was very good and didn't buy many stamps as I have waaaay to many. Occasionally when they make the stamps part of the rubber doesn't come out perfect and so they trimmed off those parts and allowed us to buy the undamaged parts at bargain prices.
Finally, I bought some of their yummy luscious pigments which you can mix with various mediums to make paints and glazes and colour texture paste etc. I also bought some fabric slap it on as I have some Pink Ink printed designs that I plan to use the pigments on.

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous canvas Cara, the colours are wonderful. Sounds like you had a brilliant time and bought some fantastic new stuff, the paint colours look amazing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would so loved to have been there. Your face and hair are gorgeous. Love the colours you have used. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colors used on the canvas, loved to see what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is fantastic Cara and it sounds as if you had a great time. You certainly bought a lot of great goodies. You're going to be having fun with all those pigments and paints. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning Cara, love her gorgeous hair. Love all your new stash :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful image and gorgeous painting with really lovely colours.
    My Niece lives in Retford, funny place.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you Cara, what a great time you had. Loving all those goodies too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Cara, this is gorgeous!! I just love the vibrant blue tones! The magical feel of her hair as it swirls and flows around her delicate face.. dang, I got sucked right in!! Absolutely stunning work! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! I love this, I can't believe the base for your painting was a stencil. AMAZING. Absolutely gorgeous I love the bluey tones. I have Kibble Cats, I really like IndigoBlu stamps. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I opened this up I immediately said Wow! Eye catching, artsy and fabulous. You clearly enjoyed yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara
    What a striking image. You can really sense the movement in her hair.
    Sounds like a great weekend. Alex is lovely, bless her.
    I have some bargain IB off cuts too. Must dig em out as they are Christmas ones.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project Cara and looks like you had a great time there too!...and lots of goodies by the look of it also...enjoy ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous design Cara and the colors are so pretty sounds like you had a wonderful time at your retreat.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous creation, Cara. Sounds like you had a great time at the retreat, with the bonus of some early birthday money to spend. Looking forward to seeing what you make with all your new crafty goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful. The results of Day One are FANTASTIC. Fancy getting some birthday shopping done early too. Well done that woman . . . and happy birthday for whenever it is!

    Hugs, SArn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cara this is stunning! Absolutely awesome art! Happy Birthday or belated Happy Birthday huni!
    I am very interested to hear about these paints as I had to throw a lot of acrylics out recently. It had to be done though because I was painting with them in my craft room and my hubby came in and was amazed that I couldn't smell the chemicals in them. Long story short I'm on the hunt for some that don't have a chemical aroma!
    Well done on thinking forward to get your goodies whilst you was there too, fabulous crafty thinking lol! Keep well sweetie, I am going to have a look round to see what I missed Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW!!! What a fabulous work of art! Sounds like you had a great time! Wish you hadn't shown me that puppy stamp though, I've had to add it to my wish list ;)
    Hope you have a great birthday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x