Saturday 6 August 2016

Sweet Stampin' - Use Black, White and One Other Colour.


It's my turn to provide some inspiration this week at Sweet Stampin' where our challenge this week is to "Use black, white and one other colour". Our sponsor this week is Bunny Zoe Crafts.
As it's wedding season I decided to make a wedding card. I used Sue Wilson's couple and cut them twice in black and pearl white, so that I could paper piece them. 
I used Create and Craft's Couture "Enchanted Escape" collection to cut the frames in black and white card. I cut the trim from the collection in black and then snipped it in half as it was too short for the 8x8 card and tucked it behind the frames. I chose pink as my added colour as it always seems a popular wedding colour choice and added a mat and strip of it to the card as shown. The white background was embossed with Sue Wilson's "Heart Lattice" embossing folder. I assembled the card using a mix of flat glue and some of my copious foam tape! 
I then remembered that it was a stamping challenge (whoops!) and so die cut a small frame from the collection and heat embossed in white the sentiment from Lili of the Valley. Despite using my anti static bag it took me 5 attempts to get one that I was happy with. White on black shows up all the stray flecks of powder perfectly!  As the panel was so small (no, I didn't think and die cut each panels before stamping on it, won't do it that way round again) I decided to stand the panel on top of the tin of coffee rather than hold it whilst heat embossing. Of course, you're ahead of me in realising that the plastic lid of my coffee tin wasn't heat resistant and melted onto the back of my panel and dripped into the tin of coffee! 
Hopefully, you will have a much less eventful time joining in the challenge. Just don't forget the stamping!



14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Cara, lovely design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is wonderfully elegant Cara! Love the filigree bride dress, and the soft pink is such a great choice to add to black and white. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and so elegant Cara. Your choice of the 'Other Colour' is perfection. Happy crafty weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Cara!
    Glad to see I am not the only one that does things like melting the coffee lid.....LOL! I am so guilty!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, loving your wedding card and the use of dies, the touch of pink just really makes it pop too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love the layered up dies!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dies and a fabulous EF, great choice of extra colour, really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol had a good giggle at your coffee story ;)
    Spotted your card over on the sweet Stampin blog, it's a real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh my goodness still laughing with that thought of the melted plastic yummmmo coffee. Beautiful card as usual, all that wonderful die cutting and its best not to plan. Like me we improvise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Cara!! The coffee!! That would be awful after having melted plastic all through it. I had to laugh though, because it sounds like something I'd do!! Love your gorgeous diecut card. So perfect for our theme this week. Just gorgeous and perfect with the embossed sentiment, even if the coffee canister had to pay the price! Another fab DT creation for Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply elegant, Cara. Beautiful wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara, I am cracking up about the coffee tin incident..what did you do with the coffee? I would totally do something like this..infact I did do something similar just before I left for London. I absolutely am in awe of this beautiful card, It is so gorgeous, all the details and the 3 colours work so perfectly together. Monochrome with a flash of colour. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness! Your card is absolutely stunning! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did chuckle about the coffee canister Cara ...we've all done something like that, eh? And about forgetting that it was a stamping challenge (I usually forget our one layer at LIM!) However, what a stunning card you made! It is timeles and elegant and would be a joy for anyone to receive. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x