Friday 12 August 2016

Oldie Friday


Yay, it's the weekend. The tooth or lack of it, is feeling much better today, still sore, but the hard lump has gone down a lot and I think *touch wood* that it'll be fine now. Not loving the rinsing 4 times a day with hot salty water, but am following the dentist's advice. Don't know why, but I was overcome with tiredness driving home from work. It was a proper wind down the windows and turn the radio up and sing along to stay awake job! I managed to stay awake long enough when I got home to have a tin of soup as I'd not had breakfast or lunch, before I gave in and went to bed for an hour? Still shattered now, so will finish this post, watch the first Corrie and then wander off to bed.
As it's Friday, it's time to link up with the lovely Erika to share an oldie. This was the second ever card that I posted on my blog when I started it in March last year. I used a decoupaged image from a Crafters Companion BeBunni CD-ROM and some lili of the valley papers. I added a bow made using a Sue Wilson die and a craftwork cards printed sentiment and a few papermania glittery gems.
I'm off to Preston for a workshop tomorrow organised by John Bloodworth aka Gentleman Crafter as part of his All Counties Craft Challenge which is fundraising for Mind and raising awareness of mental health issues. Should be fun and in a great cause too. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cara, oh that's not so good to become so tired whilst driving, so pleased you got home safely. With having no breakfast or lunch,do think that it was low blood sugar?
    Anyway I love your bunny card, fabulous colours and design, great oldie.
    You take care and have a lovely day at the demos, and a good weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and love that adorable bunny wearing his cake x Hope you are rested now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super oldie card, Cara. Glad that you're recovering from your visit to the dentist. Enjoy the worshop tomorrow. It sounds like fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this oldie, the bow had me staring at it, as it looked leather :), love that textured card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, that rabbit is so cute. Apples are a great way to stave off lack of energy and need for sleep as driving. Your a naughty girl you need to eat breakfast and lunch, not once a day. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute bunny! You would certainly get a surprise if you found him in your cake, wouldn't you?
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend and are soon feeling energetic again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your bunnie card. Glad to hear you got home safe and sound. Hope youv'e had a good crafting day out. Hugs Mrs
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara, good to hear your mouth is healing well, that will be the yummy warm salt water! 😜
    A super oldie this weekend, thanks for joining me. Your bunny in a cake is very cute.
    Hope you feel less tired today. I've been up since 5 so starting to flag!

    Hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x