Saturday 27 August 2016

Hello!


Hello! I went AWOL yesterday, my neck has been playing up lots the last couple of weeks (not that I like to admit it to anyone, least of all myself). I hoped that not commenting for a bit would help, but apparently not, so after work it was a very very early night with some extra painkillers. Hopefully, when finances are on a more even keel, we can look into changing my car for an automatic. Various doctors and nurses have said that not having the use the gear stick all the time would help. 
Parsley is doing well. He's not impressed at having eye drops, but he is allowing me to put them in, even if it means he shows his disgust when back in his run by flicking his back feet and thumping! Got to love them. 
I managed to get a bit of crafting done this afternoon and made three cards in total. I spent some time earlier this week stamping and cutting out images so I assembled the bits into some cards.
I used a clearly besotted die that I got in their clearance section recently and cut it out of gold and silver mirri. I used my fuse tool to make the shaker element and added it to the back of the die cut with a bit of pink card behind it. I added a rainbow from the magical unicorn stamp set and the little unicorn is from the new Clearly Besotted Be Lucky set and has a touch of wink of Stella on him (or her?). I couldn't resist adding some googly eyes to finish!

11 comments:

  1. Super card, Cara. The googly eyes are a perfect finishing touch.

    Hope you feel better soon, sounds like you are having a rough time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Cara. The shaker looks great and I love your little unicorn. The googly eyes work so well.

    I do hope you'll be feeling better very soon. Parsley sounds a real little character. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, thanks for the visit to mine. Just been having a look at your gorgeous cards, you have been busy and they are lovely. I'm sorry to hear about your neck. I often get a stiff neck if I don't have my computer chair at the right height but not sure if that's any help. I'm terrible for sitting in one place for too long and that doesn't help either. Hope you're feeling better soon. Sending gentle hugs, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your neck, hope the automatic works wonders for you.
    A brilliant shaker card, never had a go at one myself, probably another thing that I can not get to grips with.
    Great use of the mirri card and the super cute image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cara, I do feel your pain. Hope your neck settles down soon - can it take my back with it please?

    LOVE your shaker card, how spooky - see my snippets card which publishes in about 90 minutes after this comment! Yours is fabulous. Mine also uses a Clearly Besotted die, which now seems to be discontinued and I can't find it anywhere - other than as a Playground prize of course!

    What a character your Parsley is - can just imagine him thumping his foot in a right old paddy at you :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun shaker card. Love the filling of the shaker and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your recent work Cara. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh what a great shaker card Cara - I would never use gold and silver together but it looks fabulous! Super cute unicorn too - it's definitely a 'she' I reckon ;)
    Hope your neck eases soon - the automatic is definitely a blessing for my other half's bad back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun card Cara, love those googly eyes! Glad to hear Parsley is OK, but it sounds like you need to have a rest. Feel better. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great shaker card Cara, love it. You have some very cute unicorn stamps. x
    Hope your neck eases soon and your bunny recovers from his eye complaint.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shaker done using mirror card stock, looks fantastic as does the finishing touches. Perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x