Monday 16 May 2016

Less is more - at sea


Happy Monday! The good weather seems to have wandered off elsewhere today and it's a tad chilly. Chaos reigns here for reasons I will share tomorrow (don't want to jinx things), so if I might not be able to post as often this week due to reduced crafting opportunities, boooo!
I had a second go at this week's Less is more one layer card - at sea. I tried to be a bit more restrained this time, honest. I think my card is more by the sea rather than at sea, but I think they'll let me off.
I started with a 5x7 card blank and stamped the lighthouse by Sam Poole for creative expressions with black soot distress ink. I then used a damp paintbrush to tease out some of the ink to add shading. As I was just using a card blank rather than watercolour card I had to be careful not to damage the surface of the card, but I think I got away with it. I added the sentiment by Lili of the Valley in onyx black versafine and doodled a border with a fine liner pen to finish. I was thinking rope when I did the border, but it didn't turn out like that! Hope you all have a great week x

23 comments:

  1. By the sea, at sea...either way, it's such a serene scene! LOVE IT! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Cara, beautiful CAS card. Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely CAS scene Cara. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So serene, Cara! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are both fabulous entries to LIM, Cara! And well done teasing the shadow from the ink to give this more depth! Very professional!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice artistic card, and perfect for the challenge! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cara really like that lighthouse. Await your news tomorrow.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card Cara and has a great sense of depth. I really like the lighthouse stamp :) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's cool & I like your doodled border xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I love how you did the shading, and the doodled border is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great monochrome CAS card. That border must have taken you ages to finish. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. I think you were really successful at teasing out that shadow from your inked image. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely. I think you were really successful at teasing out that shadow from your inked image. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cara what a lovely image and card, the monochrome works really well and I like your border.
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful CAS card Cara....love the image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful CAS card Cara....love the image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cara, your card is wonderful, I love anything to do with the sea and the image of the lighthouse is lovely, especially inked in the smoky black, great design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, sorry to hear that you may have reduced crafting time Cara (I know exactly what that is like at the moment!). Your lighthouse is just perfect for the challenge. Adore the way you kept it all in black and white and your frame is super-dooper.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just been offered more hours at work too Cara. Less craft time for both of us. Boo.
    A lovely CAS seaside themed card, love the lighthouse. The sentiment works so well too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the simplicity of this card Cara! Fab doodled border too, I'll be giving that one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this, so simple, feels very calm, boo to reduced crafting time, but having read your posts in reverse order I understand now! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beautiful! It looks so effortlessly gorgeous and effective I love it!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely Cara, it looks so serene, your shading is particularly effective!
    I like your doodled border too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x