Sunday 20 March 2016

Spots and stripes for Easter



The current challenge over at Fab n Funky is to use spots and stripes. I decided to do some paper piecing again, but this time chose a more sensible image! I used a woodware bunny stamp and stamped it twice on different papers, spotty and stripy. Then set about mixing it up, this had the added benefit that I ended up with two cards. I stuck the bunnies on 6x6 kraft card blanks and then added a little colour and shade with spectrum noir pencils. I added in some faux stitching round the edges with a white gel pen to tie in with the stitching on the bunnies. I've added in a second picture so you can see the spots and stripes more easily. The stamp set came with an Easter sentiment, however even though I'm sending these as Easter cards I left it off. The cards are going to two friends off the rabbit forum and they can leave them up then as long as they want. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. Hubby and I are off to a posh garden centre to meet up with my parents for a coffee as it's roughly halfway between us.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cute fun bunnies, love the papers and different papers you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with cute bunnies, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cute bunnies look fabulous paper-pieced! Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet Cara. They've been beautifully paper pieced and the faux stitching round the outside was a wonderful touch.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the posh garden centre, I like those sort of trips out.
    I love your patchwork bunnies on the kraft card, they're so cute. Paper piecing is so much fun. Note to self must do more. :)

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x