Sunday 28 February 2016

Just because...


I threatened on Friday to show you my random colouring in if I managed to make it into anything. I was watching create and craft the other day when they were flogging watercolour pencils and so decided to drag my tin of pencils that I've had for about 20 years out of the cupboard and have a go.
I stamped the clarity bird in black archival on water colour paper and had a play. I obviously have no patience as I didn't always wait for the card to dry and so had some bleeding over the lines. Trusty scissors to the rescue!
In order to make it into a card I used a 6x6 card blank and a snippet of shaving foam and reinkers background that I'd used on another card (need to wait to show you that one!) I stamped the branch that came with the bird on the paper and coloured it in. I used a bit of gold mirri left over from another card (see tomorrow's post) to back it. I added the bird with foam tape to add a little dimension. After making the card I decided the bottom right was a little bare and so holding my breath I stamped a lili of the valley sentiment there.
I'm surviving with the pain at the moment, keeping focused on something rather than just watching TV helps as does ice cream! Little Ava is stable today, although still very poorly so your good thoughts must be helping, thank you.
I'm taking this card over to Snippets playground as the background and gold card are from the scraps pile.
Have a great Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so stunning!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Cara. You've done a super job on your bird. The background is great too. You were very brave stamping the sentiment on your finished card but it worked fine. Great work.

    I'm glad to hear that little Ava is now stable. May she continue to improve. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara! I do love this card - beautifully coloured bird and really clever how you have it flying into the frame. Brave move to stamp a sentiment at the end - nerve racking isn't it! :)

    Sorry to hear about the pain levels and also having to change meds. Good news that little Ava is fighting back too.

    I just added myself as a follower BTW :)

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara...What a stunning card....beautiful bird image and love the background....
    Hope you feel better soon...AND more hugs for little Ava....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara...What a stunning card....beautiful bird image and love the background....
    Hope you feel better soon...AND more hugs for little Ava....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara, I love the square dies you use, I've been looking at getting a set, which ones are yours.....so much choice!
    The gold background looks stunning against your sky, the bird is fab too. I seem to have lost my watercolour pencils just now. They will be somewhere but if you saw the state of my craft room you'd understand why! Gulp. They'll be here somewhere. :0

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. The bird is gorgeous and the colours you chose are wow!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x