Monday 18 January 2016

Hang in there!


This is a card that I made yesterday for another friend who is going through a rough time at the moment. I used the Heartfelt Creations Sugar Hollow release. I stamped the image in memento tuxedo black and coloured it in with my copics. I used the matching die to cut the image out and using Miri card and coredinations card stock along with mt tattered lace pin prick squares and ovals I matted and layered up the card. I used pinflair glue gel to attach the Owls and glossy accents on their eyes. I stamped the matching sentiment from the set and heat embossed it in gold embossing powder and added that with some glue gel for dimension. I thought the card looked a little stark and so I die cut some Sue Wilson ivy and added some paper flowers from eBay to add a little more warmth to it, I should have made the flowers really so it would post at a lower rate, but hey ho!

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Cara the owls are a hoot, I think I'd be the one upside down! The floral design is beautiful too.
    I'm sure your friend will love it. x

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely image and sentiment Cara, love the design and I wish your friend all the best too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the challenge. Your card does look "sensational". I love those little owls and the ivy and flowers look so pretty.

    I'm sure it will give your friend a lift and do hope things get better for her before very long. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really super card Cara, sweet owls and so beautifully embellished with the roses and Ivy, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, love the sweet owls and the pretty flowers

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable card. Love this darling image and die cut pieces you used. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x